Saturday, May 7, 2016

Dome Assembly Part 2

Printing Redux


We had a few issues with finding the correct diameter as well as look for the dome's Radar Eye pieces.

  • My first order was for 70mm sphere (christmas ornament) this was too small
  • My Second order was for 80mm sphere (another christmas ornament) this seem too big as well as I didnt realize it had gold glitter on it...!


So...

I am trying to find a sphere that will fit within the radar eye pieces and look correct.

Radar eye re-print

I had to reprint the radar eye pieces, previously I had printed the internal parts and the outer lens but not the backing... so this time I combined the internal pieces and backings to form 1 single unit.

I combined the 2 and made 1 piece to print.


This will take 4 hours to print... at High resolution .1mm layers.



No comments:

Post a Comment