Sunday, May 8, 2016

Lens for Radar Eye Installation

After the print finished, the radar pieces looked great.  The actual images I have seen show the internal parts a little more extruded from the frame or back plate but this will suffice.

I am going to stick with the 70mm sphere since I need to simply shave down the outer edges to "shrink" the diameter of the sphere.

Taking a belt sander, I simply ran the sphere on it several times each time breaking off the molten/hardened plastic formed from it... slowly it shrunk the diameter of the sphere.  I then checked it against the template band that was printed out and it was real close.

Time for the fitting

Placed the lens into the pocket and pushed it into the other side, slightly bending it to get inside the plastic.

Presto!

Works!




No comments:

Post a Comment