Sunday, October 23, 2016

Work on assembly, skins and more

My father Andrew Cross, helped rip apart the "broken" motor from the gyro swing... and found that the connections are made via a spring loaded connection that appears to have solidified when I had used the motor as a "fuse" previously during the build.



I swapped the low speed spring out and sure enough we are back in progress!  re-assembling the cheese and components once again... so we can work on the skins.

Using a 11" aka 280mm globe, we are tracing out the circle panels.  Need to ensure we are full circle and not an eclipse and use the top most part of the new molded material for roundness.  I found it easier to place the molded material back on the hemisphere and draw the circle on it tracing the globe.




I estimated it was roughly 1.75" between the outer circle and the inner circle and found an object closely matching that inside circle size... barrowed it from the kitchen...

Started to make a few templates for the designs around the circles
The issues will be how to make perfect straight lines when I am doing this by hand...


I purchased engraving kit for clay and used one of the flat utensils to push and gouge out the lines so its more like the model... if you look close you can see my lines indented...




No comments:

Post a Comment