Sunday, August 28, 2016

Drive System Part 9: Issues after issues

Plagued with issues

Body Magnet holder (gimble)

The Magnet holder for the gimble has too much slippage and will not grip onto the 8mm rod.  I will need to build something into the gripping that will allow me to take it off BUT still hold it tight against the rod.
This tube thing is not tight enough around the 8mm rod so I will need to compensate maybe with some more material to essentially squeeze that rod tighter.

These are N52 magnets which are the strongest there is... they are counter bored.  I am going to put these 3 marked NORTH in the ball and the other 3 marked SOUTH in the dome.

The cushion piece is flexible material used as padding for the magnet.

Here is a view of the assembly...

First magnet in... need to find right screw... ended up using #8x32 at 1 1/4" length...

Its ready to connect - will use a will use a fastener similar to what is used for pipes or old school oil filters on cars... to connect the unit together tightly.


Top braces on the banana

The braces I ended up permanently gluing to keep them tight, also the one side that will have the servos that push/pull the gimble its hard to get my hands into the assembly - not a lot of room... so I will need to revert to wood type screws and a special wrench to turn it...


Holding the pole / metal pipe

I see that as the whole unit rocks back and forth it slides back and forth as the weight of the gyro assembly moves front and back... will need to some how cover the hole when the ends are put back on and it should prevent this...


Flat tire?!?!

The gyro motor sprocket looks like it is having too much pressure against the gear track.... so it literally is bulging out.  As seen in these photos... what am I going to do?  I may need to raise the overall trouser/gyro up higher to elevate it off the track more... we shall see, I am going to leave it like that for now.




Otherwise I will be installing the servos and doing some test power ups to the main drive and the gyro motors to see if there is too much slippage or if its working correctly...


No comments:

Post a Comment